How do I use custom .frame files?

Oct 14, 2009 at 4:42 PM

Hi, I just installed your Coco/R integration plugin. Works flawlessly using the built-in scanner.frame and parser.frame, but for my application I need a custom frame (mainly to specify 'partial' on the scanner and parser classes). How am I supposed to do this? From the sparse "documentation" on the home page, I've gathered that the frame files should have the same name as the grammar file.

With a grammar file "TinCal.atg" that would be "TinCal.parser.frame" wouldn't it? It tried this, but then the generated "TinCal.Parser.cs" file disappeared from the list of generated files and I got warnings about CocoR not being able to delete my "TinCal.parser.frame" file:

Error deleting file 'TinCal.parser.frame

Did I misunderstand the instructions on the "Coco/R for Visual Studio" homepage?

Thank you for your time.

Coordinator
Mar 26, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Hi,

You will have to create a file called Scanner.frame or Parser.frame in the folder where your .atg file lies. This is the easiest way to do it or use TinCal.Parser.Frame.

You can also checkout one of the working sample where http://llvmsharp.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/43879#565726